Welcome, Guild Members!
Thank you for your commitment to the New Mexico Philharmonic! Guild members are a critical component of our success, and your efforts are much appreciated. Here
is how it works:
How often do I have to volunteer?
Guild members are asked to work a minimum of three times, or 12 hours, during each season; most will volunteer for many more concerts or events.
• Work can include serving at concerts and fundraisers or working on special projects.
• Guild members who for reasons of work schedule, health, travel, etc., cannot work 12 hours, but wish to remain on the guild member roster, may contact the
program manager for an alternative plan.
How do I know about concerts and events?
The majority of our communications are by e-mail and rarely by phone.
• We send group e-mails and some people may have filters that send them to “spam mail.” It is important that you check your spam regularly for NMPhil
• If you have signed up to work a concert or other event, key information will come via e-mail; be sure to check regularly the week prior to the
• When you receive an e-mail asking you to respond, please do so right away.
How do I sign up to work?
NMPhil guild members will receive a link to Signup Genius by email.
1. Click on the link to Signup Genius.
2. Information on the concert or event will show, with a list of types of volunteers required.
a. Click on the volunteer role you want to sign up for.
b. Click on "Sign Up" on the bottom left. (If you are not registered with Signup Genius, you will have to register
c. A confirmation will be displayed.
d. You will receive a confirming e-mail.
3. Please DO NOT sign up for everything on the schedule. It is important that more of our guild members have the opportunity to work. Sign up for
one or two and wait to see if all positions are filled.
4. About a week before the event, if some positions are not filled, an e-mail reminder will be sent out.
Once I've signed up, what happens?
The guild member team leaders will each be in charge of the concerts/events to which they have been assigned.
• The team leader for the concert or event for which you are signed up will send out an e-mail with details on the concert, time to appear, job assignments,
• Be sure to check your e-mail the week of the event to ensure that you have the information you need.
• If you have a question, please e-mail or call your team leader for that concert or event.
What do I wear?
Our dress code for concerts and most events is black and white in a number of combinations. NMPhil sashes and name tags are provided.
• For men, white or black shirt and black pants. Any color tie is fine if you wish to wear one.
• For women, any combination of black/white, including prints.
• Always dress professionally (no sports attire); please remember that you are an extension of the NMPhil.
• Other events, such as zoo concerts and social events may require different attire. Guild members will be advised as needed.
What do guild members do?
There are a number of roles guild members can fill for concerts and other events. Please see below for detailed information.
Do I get to enjoy the concerts?
Of course! Most of our guild members on duty are able to choose vacant seats near the back of each venue just before the concert begins. Occasionally, some of us
will be setting up receptions or having other duties rather than attending the performance. During intermission, guild members should head back to the lobby to resume their duties as greeter or hand
out information at the NMPhil table.
New Mexico Philharmonic Guild Member Roles
NMPhil guild members play a very important role in the overall success of concerts and events. Without you, the NMPhil would be greatly constrained in the
successful operation of the many areas in which additional personnel are needed. So, THANK YOU!
Each volunteer assignment will have a specified arrival time and suggested attire. It is important that you arrive when expected to learn about the venue and your
assignment specific to the concert or event.
Here are the various roles our guild members fill each season:
Concert volunteers play a major role in the experience of the attendees. Greeted with a friendly smile, helped in locating their seats, and shared information
about the NMPhil's many performances and activities all make a big difference in how the audience perceives the organization.
• Position in the lobby of the venue (Popejoy Hall/NHCC/Churches/Other Venues)
• Greet attendees as they arrive
• Ask them if they are on our mailing list to receive information and if they are interested in becoming guild members - If not on our list, please sign them up
(you will have a clipboard and forms)
or if interested in volunteering, please take them to the NMPhil table where more information is available and where they can sign up or onsite if they
• Ask them if they know about other upcoming events/programs (information may be different each time). If they don’t, refer them to the NMPhil table for
information, ticket sales, or other programs
Ticket Scanners (not at Popejoy)
• Learn to operate the simple ticket scanner (may be on your own phone)
• Greet each attendee with a smile and scan their ticket
• Refer the attendee to the ushers for questions about their seat llocation
Ushers (not at Popejoy)
• Greet attendees and check their tickets
• Take them to their seats or, if they prefer, direct them
• Seat late arrivals at appropriate times
• At the end of the concert, gather at the exits and thank them for coming
• Gather remaining programs and bring them to the NMPhil table
• Offer a friendly smile and a greeting as attendees are in the NMPhil table area
• Be assertive in greeting attendees and talking with them about the various things going on with NMPhil
• Sign up people for tickets, events, drawings, etc.
Make sure that only Musicians and pre-approved people are in the green room and backstage area. Make coffee/etc for musicians, conductor and musical guests. May have other duties
Take visiting Conductors or Musicians from Airport to Hotel, to Rehearsals and to Concerts. You will be provided parking passes and will be allowed to hear the concert.
The NMPhil holds several private donor dinners, receptions, and other social events during the year, and we supply guild members to help.
INDOOR/OUTDOOR FUNDRAISING/SOCIAL EVENTS
A number of other events may be held in homes, the NMPhil office, or other facilities. They may be casual or more formal but all are important to the ongoing
support of the NMPhil. The duties vary depending on the type of event. At times, we participate as an exhibitor at various events. If you are interested in working some of these social and public
events, please indicate so on your information sheet
Fill in at front desk, various other projects